- Shân’s first export was handled at the early age of 19 – an export of tyre matrixes from Rhodesia to South Africa.
- Shan’s was employed by Barloworld Logistics – Freight Forwarding Division as a business analyst until October 2009 when she started her own consulting and training business.
- Her skills are varied giving her excellent all round knowledge and a strength to holistically view the freight forwarding industry.
- Shân has gained invaluable experience in the following fields of freight forwarding:
- In-house implementation specialist
- Imports (air & sea)
- Exports (air, sea, road)
- Forwarding agent
- Training – staff and clients
- Processes and procedures
- Operations non conformance monitoring
- Shân’s CLIP system methodology is very important to the freight forwarding industry, since the industry itself has many statutory compliance issues and operational issues, that are date and time orientated. Not meeting deadlines WILL result in costly penalties – financial and integral.
The same applies to all industries.
Shân is a registered Assessor with TETA, and writes reference material and designs outcomes based assessments for the freight forwarding industry.
The practicalities, responsibilities and attention to detail in Shan’s primary area of expertise - the freight forwarding business - are critical to its success, as are any responsibilities in any business. A business is only as successful as the chain, the human chain and the systems chain.